Reporting to the Director of Operations, the Technician is responsible for the production of security features based on vacuum deposited optical thin films, embossed structures, and printing and coating processes. Working closely with a team, the Technician provides multi-skilled operation and support of our production equipment to Nanotech’s exacting production tolerances.
- Production – Operate the production equipment (roll coater, conversion equipment, embossing and coating equipment, and a steam boiler) while constantly monitoring the process, assessing variables and making process input decisions.
- Maintenance – Repair and maintain the production equipment and the facility, including a steam boiler, providing specialized skills to high vacuum, embossing, coating, electronic, mechanical, electrical, optical, software and hardware systems.
- Troubleshooting production equipment – Assessment of production yields, theorizing problems, researching solutions and implementing corrective measures.
- Quality assurance/quality control – Provide quality assurance testing on raw materials. Perform quality control assurance of finished product.
- Planning, organizing and scheduling – Participate in team discussions for managing the team’s short-term goals, provide detailed knowledge on production constraints and limitations.
- Mechanical/Electrical design – Provide M/E design skills to the team to implement project.
- Reporting – Perform data gathering, analysis and report generation.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Education – Engineer, Technician or Technologist with specialization in mechanical, electrical, electronics, or similar technical area. Fourth class power engineering ticket would be considered an asset but is not required.
- Experience – 3+ years of industrial work experience or the equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience delivering and/or orchestrating multiple tasks at once while respecting scope, schedule and budget of the project.
- Technical – Basic understanding of mechanical/electrical/machine design fundamentals, experience with complex computerized control systems. Must be familiar with MS Outlook and MS Word. Having knowledge and/or experience in optical thin film manufacturing, CAD, steam boiler operation, welding, machine shop, plumbing, SDS knowledge and experience handling chemicals are assets.
- Communication – Strong ability to communicate clearly orally and in writing. Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to foster collaborative working relationships among internal teams.
- Characteristics – Motivated, self-driven, hard-working professional. Ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines while working on multiple tasks – often under pressure with shifting priorities. Demonstrated high attention to detail. Ability to work both independently and as a member of a team, under tight deadlines.
- Language requirements – English essential. French language an asset.
- Shift work – Must be able to do shift work.
Where ideas and innovation meet.
Nanotech Security Corp. is a leading innovator of nano-optic image technologies used in anti-counterfeiting applications. Nanotech’s KolourOptik® technology was inspired by unique structures found on the wings of the Blue Morpho butterfly. Our nano-optic technology creates easy to authenticate security and branding images through a unique interaction of natural light with a grid of nano-sized indentations. In addition to its nano-optic technology, Nanotech produces optical thin film, a high security material with colour shift capabilities. This colour shift film has been used in document security for over two decades as it is extremely difficult to reproduce or simulate.
Nanotech Security Corp. is a public company, listed on the TSX Venture Exchange. Nanotech strives to create a corporate culture that values input and encourages individuals to express themselves in a team environment.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Email your application to email@example.com. Please include a cover letter with your resume and use the position title in the subject line of your email. Only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in this position, we look forward to hearing from you!
Note: We will not be accepting candidates from recruitment agencies at this time. Only Candidates who are eligible to accept employment in Canada WITHOUT sponsorship will be considered.