Reporting to the Manager, Office & Legal Services, the Office Coordinator will be the first impression people encounter, whether on the phone or visiting our office in person. Responsible for full office administration and reception, you will help ensure the employee and customer experience is a positive one.
- Visitor experience – Manage visitor experience, from greeting visitors to maintaining a presentable office. Receive incoming telephone calls and direct calls accordingly. Maintain security badges and sign-in logs for visitors.
- Office experience – Manage the day-to-day office experience, including kitchen, supply room and storage areas. Includes maintenance and upkeep of boardrooms and common areas. Liaise with building management and vendors regarding maintenance issues as they arise, while maintaining safety and security procedures.
- Couriers and mail – Accept and coordinate messenger and courier deliveries, sort incoming mail and send outgoing mail.
- Office purchasing – Order supplies, track invoices and obtain approvals as necessary for office and kitchen supplies, catering, scientist supplies, printer/copier toner. Research and make recommendations for new services and vendors as needed.
- File management – Assist with maintenance of electronic databases and physical files.
- Social events coordinator – Plan and coordinate office celebrations, events and activities to actively build office culture.
- Lunch and Learn program coordinator – Manage a company-wide lunch and learn program, including scheduling, evaluating applications to present content, and setting up lunch and learns.
- Expense reports – Assist executives with expense reports and perform a quality and compliance review of all expense reports submitted.
- Executive assistance – Support management with meeting preparation including assembling documentation, preparing slides/materials by request. Assist executives with travel bookings and other administrative duties as required.
- Flexibility – Ability to assist with other duties as assigned and ad hoc office duties as required with a can do attitude.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Experience – A minimum of two years’ experience in an office providing administrative support.
- Communication – Strong oral and written communication skills with the ability to adapt content and style to various audiences. Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to foster collaborative working relationships among internal teams.
- Characteristics – Positive, dedicated, proactive professional with a can do attitude. Ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines while working on multiple tasks – often under pressure with shifting priorities. Ability to work both independently and as a member of a team. High attention to detail and strong organizational skills. Ability to anticipate needs and problem solve. Ability to exercise tact, diplomacy and discretion when handling sensitive and/or confidential matters.
- Computer – High proficiency with Adobe and MS Office – including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Where ideas and innovation meet.
Nanotech Security Corp. is a leading innovator of nano-optic image technologies used in anti-counterfeiting applications. Nanotech’s KolourOptik® technology was inspired by unique structures found on the wings of the Blue Morpho butterfly. Our nano-optic technology creates easy to authenticate security and branding images through a unique interaction of natural light with a grid of nano-sized indentations. In addition to its nano-optic technology, Nanotech produces optical thin film, a high security material with color shift capabilities. This color shift film has been the standard for document security for over two decades as it is extremely difficult to reproduce or simulate.
Nanotech’s growth potential offers an exciting opportunity for a creative thinker who conceives original designs and brings them to life.
Nanotech Security Corp. is a public company, listed on the TSX Venture Exchange. Nanotech strives to create a corporate culture that values input and encourages individuals to express themselves in a team environment.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Email your application to email@example.com. Please include a cover letter with your resume and use the position title in the subject line of your email. Only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in this position, we look forward to hearing from you!
Note: We will not be accepting candidates from recruitment agencies at this time. Only Candidates who are eligible to accept employment in Canada WITHOUT sponsorship will be considered.