Located in either Burnaby, BC or Thurso, Quebec and reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, the Manager, Business Process is responsible for identifying key processes, documenting those processes, setting up and maintaining systems for documentation storage, considering manufacturing resource program (“MRP”) options/implementation, doing a risk-based process analysis and documentation that could lead towards C-SOX and ISO certifications. This is a hybrid technical and business role, requiring soft skills and the ability to work across various departments and functions. The Manager, Business Process understands the manufacturing environment and associated documentation requirements as well as financial and governance controls that mitigate business risks.
- Process Documentation – Identify and document key processes in all departments but particularly in manufacturing and corporate controls. Implement and lead a risk-based analysis to review existing processes and make recommendations for improvement. Build up process documentation and implement controls toward C-SOX and ISO compliance.
- Documentation Management – Design, build and maintain an effective and organized system for documentation with appropriate access across the organization.
- Technical Writing – Write and maintain standard operating procedures (SOPs), process documents and reports. Perform a quality review of technical documents drafted by others.
- Internal Audit – Oversee internal audits related to C-SOX and ISO compliance to ensure other departments are operating per their approved procedures.
- MRP Leader – Consider MRP options and make recommendations with respect to system requirements, implementation timeline, and selection. Lead and oversee the MRP implementation.
- Project Management – Independently plan, organize, schedule and complete projects on time and on budget.
- Training – Train colleagues from a variety of disciplines and backgrounds to standardize and achieve effective documentation.
- Reporting – Perform data gathering, analysis and report generation.
- Travel – Significant travel will be required to spend time in both of Nanotech’s offices. Ability to travel on planned and short notice.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Education and Experience – Bachelor’s Degree and five to seven years’ experience developing and maintaining process documentation systems in a manufacturing environment. The successful candidate will be comfortable starting a brand-new documentation program/process and will know what that should entail. Experience in C-SOX and/or ISO documentation required and experience in MRP selection and implementation would be an asset.
- Technical – Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Apply analytical skills that justify business decisions. Must be familiar with MS Office suite.
- Communication – Strong ability to communicate clearly orally and in writing with senior management and staff at all levels. Ability to effectively present information, facilitate discussion and respond to questions from groups. Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to foster collaborative working relationships among internal teams.
- Characteristics – Motivated, self-driven, hard-working professional. Ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines while working on multiple tasks – often under pressure with shifting priorities. Demonstrated high attention to detail. Ability to work both independently and as a member of a team, under tight deadlines.
- Language Requirements – English essential. French language an asset.
Where ideas and innovation meet.
Nanotech Security Corp. is a leading innovator of nano-optic image technologies used in anti-counterfeiting applications. Nanotech’s KolourOptik® technology was inspired by unique structures found on the wings of the Blue Morpho butterfly. Our nano-optic technology creates easy to authenticate security and branding images through a unique interaction of natural light with a grid of nano-sized indentations. In addition to its nano-optic technology, Nanotech produces optical thin film, a high security material with colour shift capabilities. This colour shift film has been used in document security for over two decades as it is extremely difficult to reproduce or simulate.
Nanotech Security Corp. is a public company, listed on the TSX Venture Exchange. Nanotech strives to create a corporate culture that values input and encourages individuals to express themselves in a team environment. Nanotech’s head office in Burnaby is conveniently located next to a Sky Train station, with access to locked bike storage and gym facilities.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include a cover letter with your resume and use the position title in the subject line of your email. Only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in this position, we look forward to hearing from you!
Note: We will not be accepting candidates from recruitment agencies at this time. Only Candidates who are eligible to accept employment in Canada WITHOUT sponsorship will be considered.