Reporting to Director of Operations, the Engineer is responsible for the development of Step and Repeat Nano-Imprint Lithography (“SR-NIL”) processes for production of Roll-to-Roll UV Casted novel security features for currency and other high-value document applications. Working closely with a team, the Engineer provides multi-skilled engineering support to our R&D projects as well as to production machine operation.
- Development – Recommend, lead, and/or implement technical development of SR-NIL, also known as Recombination, processes related to the manufacture of banknote security features in collaboration with colleagues, suppliers, and partners. Troubleshoot manufacturing problems with electroforming, Roll-to-Roll UV Casting and Roll-to-Roll Vacuum Deposition team members and propose solutions.
- Operations and Maintenance – Operate and maintain production equipment, including diagnosing and administering straightforward equipment repairs.
- Project Management – Lead development projects from inception through to industrialization while ensuring scope, schedule and budget parameters are met.
- Documentation – Prepare and maintain documentation for research and development initiatives as well as for production processes. This includes drawings, schematics, specifications, calibration procedures, maintenance plans/procedures, written reports, etc.
- Training and Teamwork – Train and mentor production and other personnel to use new and modified production equipment/processes.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Education and Experience – Bachelor or master’s degree in sciences or engineering with five or more years of experience in clean room environments using NIL tools. Demonstrated industrial or applied development and project management experience in progressively more challenging roles. SR- NIL process experience considered an asset.
- Analytical Skills – Solid analytical and problem-solving skills, ability to bring a wide range of considerations and perspectives to issues. Ability to identify information needed to clarify a situation, and tackle problems using a logical, systematic, and sequential approach.
- Technical – Strong ability to apply knowledge and understanding of technical fields (e.g., physics, materials science, chemical /electrical engineering, silicon and MEMS microfabrication) in order to conduct the development necessary to create banknote security features from concept to final production. In-depth knowledge of micro-fabrication, vacuum deposition and electroforming, and experience working with roll-to-roll manufacturing are assets.
- Innovation – Ability to think innovatively, remove constraints, experiment and take calculated risks, monitor results, and adapt as needed.
- Communication – Strong written and oral communication skills. Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to foster collaborative working relationships among internal teams and external colleagues.
- Characteristics – Motivated, self-driven, hard-working professional. Ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines while working on multiple tasks – often under pressure with shifting priorities. Ability to work both independently and as a member of a team, under tight deadlines.
- Language Requirements – English language is essential. Mandarin and/or French language an asset.
Where ideas and innovation meet.
Nanotech Security Corp. is a leading innovator of nano-optic image technologies used in anti-counterfeiting applications. Nanotech’s KolourOptik® technology was inspired by unique structures found on the wings of the Blue Morpho butterfly. Our nano-optic technology creates easy to authenticate security and branding images through a unique interaction of natural light with a grid of nano-sized indentations. In addition to its nano-optic technology, Nanotech produces optical thin film, a high security material with colour shift capabilities. This colour shift film has been used in document security for over two decades as it is extremely difficult to reproduce or simulate.
Nanotech Security Corp. is a public company, listed on the TSX Venture Exchange. Nanotech strives to create a corporate culture that values input and encourages individuals to express themselves in a team environment.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Email your application to email@example.com. Please include a cover letter with your resume and use the position title in the subject line of your email. Only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in this position, we look forward to hearing from you!
Note: We will not be accepting candidates from recruitment agencies at this time. Only Candidates who are eligible to accept employment in Canada WITHOUT sponsorship will be considered.